Even the happiest people feel sad sometimes, that's totally OK.

Most of the time I pride myself on being a pretty happy person. I have been referred to as “jolly Jenny” on more than one occasion and feel forever grateful that my life, friends and family enable me to feel like this most of the time.


On a work trip in late July, 2018 

But, as much as this is a blessing, it also comes with pressure. It constantly make me feel like I always need to bring my A-game, and any “less than 100%” moments is unacceptable. It’s like I am letting people down with my lack of happy vibes.

I am, however, no superwoman and so – as we all do – sometimes I do get hit by a little bout of negativities: jealousy, insecurity, sadness, which instantly knock me off my feet. It won't stick for long but for the time that it sticks around, it makes me feel rather uneasy. "Don't allow your problems to push you down, but allow them to push you into a better person" it reads, but there are days when I don't want to be a better person. There are days when I just want to be tucked inside my comfy blanket and not give a @!*^?# about self improvement.

by Linh Tran at Through the glass Paris
I have a brilliant, independent life with amazing friends and family, travelling all the time, cooking and a demanding job that I love. But in these occasional low moments, I question everything in my life, even good people I love. 

After struggles to explore myself, I realize no one is going to rescue you from yourself: your inner demons, your lack of confidence, your dissatisfaction with your life and yourself. Only self-love and good decisions will do. 

Self-love is easy, but it needs practice everyday. It's pouring yourself a cup of tea before doing it to others. It's making yourself a meal and sitting down to eat it. It's turning off your phone and watching your favorite movie. Self-love is doing the things you like to do and getting a chance to enjoy them. It's reminding yourself that you deserve to be taken care of and that when you're on your own, you can still provide for yourself. 
by Linh Tran at Through the glass Paris
When those low moments hit, make sure you have a sure-fire list of things that will cheer you up. Go to the gym, cook a new recipe, eat cakes with your girls, read a book or book your next vacation. Try a new restaurant in town or try a new dish at your regular restaurant, change the daily route to work, start a new hobby, make new bucket list, shake your world up a little. When all of those things don't work, seek out for professional help, it's okay to admit you need help. I am forever thankful for reaching out to my therapist at that time and it was one of my life-changing decisions. 

What I am trying to do is sending out a little message - no matter what your situation is – that even the happiest person in the world feels sad sometimes. And more importantly, that is totally OK. 


Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến