Being a wedding planners teaches me Marriage is not the answer for everyone.

Watching my friends get married is like reliving that time in math class when everyone was already turning in their exam and I was still trying to figure out how I got a negative decimal on question three. Everyone I meet asks me if I have a career, married or own a house as if it is in a grocery list. No one asks if I'm happy. Among all of the achievements in life I could get, some people always put "marriage" at the top, most likely because of social pressure (parents pressure, society's way of viewing marriage, etc)

When most people consider getting married is the solution of all life's problems, here is the epic disappointment. Marriage is hard. 50% of marriages we know ended up being divorced or miserable. Imagine you want to do skydiving, and there is 50% chance your parachute ain't working. Would you still doing it?

Truth be told, I rarely see any married people who are always happy. Not even my parents. Not even my couples. They love each other on some levels I suppose. But they are quite miserable sometimes. Marriage doesn’t always promise happiness. Commitments. 

Luckily, being close with my couples through their weddings and watching my parents fighting through their marriage teaches me that getting married is never the answer alone. 

by @Linh tran at Through the glass Paris 


Love is not about being engaged, married, or in any relationship. It's about being secured, happy, safe, relieved, and feeling good. It's about having a peaceful state of mind. It's about sleeping at night without the fear of losing what you've got. It's not all about "the right person and the right time". It's about learning to love the one you found and not wanting them to be the ones they are not even when you can't be the one who love them into a wedding, into growing up. It's about you being yourself and not someone else sincerely. It's about feeling seen, happy, respected, understood and appreciated. It's about you stop looking for "the righ person" and start becoming one.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến